Saturday I spent a good chunk of the day sleeping off my not-strep. I watched some X-files with D13 and Aaron in the evening.
Sunday I felt pretty much normal by the end of the day, which was nice. I got some reading done and took IL4 to an appointment. M10 went to baseball. D13 watched a movie. Calm day. Great news, though! My wedding ring fits again!
Monday was a rushed day. I drove M10 to student council, then took D13 to 3 appointments. While at one appointment, the daycare called and said IL4 was “screaming in excruciating pain, grabbing his leg and sometimes his bottom.” I thought perhaps this was an exaggeration. I imagined he was just wothholding poop and was about to pooplode. I was right. I sent Aaron to get him, since I couldn’t.
After all that, we had a parent-teacher conference for M10’s math class. Apparently he’s doing well, but has started missing assignments, which is exactly what’s happening in other classes. Then M10 had a patrol meeting for Cub scouts. Busy day!
Tuesday was a mess. IL4 had diarrhea 4 times overnight, so we kept him at home, where he had diarrhea 10 times that day. Then, I went to pick up M10 from school, where I was told he’d gotten into a fight. I won’t go into detail, but he deserved the punch he got – he asked for it, in fact. Then, D13 was doubled over in pain, so I was left trying to figure out whether to take her to Urgent Care or talk to her doctor in the morning. I waited
Wednesday went much better. IL4 had a doctor appointment followed by an X-ray. Because he was so brave, I took him to the store to get Cheetos. There, he performed a miracle – he told me needed to go potty, and held it in while I ran the cart to the bathroom! This happened twice, so he got two extra rewards. In the evening we had the first family dinner that we’ve had since we moved the table for the Christmas tree. It had gotten a lot of stuff piled on it.
Thursday was fun. I took M10 to play laser tag at the Mall of America. Afterwards, he, my dad and I ate at Rainforest Cafe, and then bought LEGOs at LEGOLand. That evening, we had 3 parent teacher conferences.
Friday was good. After speech therapy, I took IL4 to the library. He picked out another book for me to read, despite my having not finished “Dead Wake” yet. The book is “Three Rings,” by Daniel Mendelsohn. Apparently he thinks I read quite the variety.
Reading to IL4
- The Gruffalo, by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler
- The Bad Seed, by Jory John and Pete Oswald
- Why Do We Poop?, By Harriet Blackford & Mike Henson
- Little Good Wolf, by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel
- The Frog Prince Continued, by Jon Scieszka & Steve Johnson
- Poo-Dunit? A Forest Floor Mystery, by Katelyn Aronson & Stephanie Laberis
- Ganesha’s Sweet Tooth, by Sanjay Patel & Emily Haynes
- Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes, by Eric Litwin and James Dean
- Llama Unleashes the Alpacalypse, by Jonathan Stutzman & Heather Fox
- Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons, by Eric Litwin & James Dean
- Dog on a Frog, by Kes Gray, Clare Gray, & Jim Field
- The Legend of Spookley, the Square Pympkin, by Joe Troiano & Susan Banta
- Dona Esmeralda, Who Ate Everything!, By Melissa de la Cruz & Primo Gallanosa
- The Surprise, by Zadie Smith & Nick Laird
- Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus, by mo willems
- Grumpy Bird, by Jeremy Tankard
- School of Monsters Pete’s Big Feet, by Sally Rippin
- Pete the Cat Rocking i my School Shoes
- Grumpy Monkey Oh No Christmas, by Suzanne Lang & Max Lang
- Llama Destroys the World, by Jonathan Stutzman & Heather Fox
- To Be a King, by Kathryn Lasky
- Prisoner of Ice and Snow, by Ruth Lauren
- 1 letter Pennsylvania Department of Corrections
- 1 letter Virginia Department of Corrections
- 1 letter Maine Department of Corrections
- 1 letter Michigan Department of Corrections
- 1 letter California Department of Corrections
- 1 letter Belgium
Media Partaken In
4 thoughts on “Update February 11, 2023”
Wow, your week sounds crazy. I can barely manage one kid. I don’t know how people deal with multiple kids and all their hobbies and issues. 🙂 I hope you have a great week!
Yeah, my life is busy. I’m just glad I have a husband. Being a single mom must be so hard, for so many! Have a good week!
A Wizard’s Guide to Defensive Baking sound fun.
Have a great week.
Thanks, you too Snapdragon! It is a fun book.