16 oz elbow macaroni (I used an equal amount of cavatappi, which I like much better than plain old macaroni)
26 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese
6 large eggs
1¼ sticks margarine (10 tbsp)
12 oz evaporated milk
4 oz 2% or regular milk (I used 2%)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375° F
2. Cook pasta until al dente, per package instructions
3. Drain and toss pasta in a bowl with margarine, then sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Cut cheese into ¼ inch cubes
5. Beat eggs and milk
6. Add liquid, cheese and pasta to a bowl, toss to mix well
7. Add to well greased baking dish
8. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
5 thoughts on “Dad’s Macaroni and Cheese”
Book.Marked!!! Thank you and YUM!!!!!
Hope you love it as much as we did!
LikeLiked by 1 person
This sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing. I’m going to try it with coconut-based cheese and see how it goes (I’m lactose intolerant but LOVE cheese!!) he he
I’ve never tried coconut cheese. Good luck! Let me know how it works!